The methodology group develops, disseminates, and implements new statistical methods to improve the efficiency of clinical trials.
Current areas of research
- Adaptive designs.
- Basket and umbrella trials.
- Bayesian methods.
- Cluster-randomised and stepped-wedge trials.
- Composite endpoints.
- Crossover trial designs.
- Early phase oncology trials.
- Multi-arm multi-stage (MAMS) trials.
- Observational study designs.
- Pilot and feasibility studies.
- Platform trials.
- Trials of complex interventions.
- Trials of proportionate interventions.
- Using historical data.
If you are interested in discussing a study that may require novel methods, please contact Prof James Wason.